Thoughts about face to face and online courses


One of the things I enjoy better in my life is to learn new things, so I have taken maaaany courses.

I started my Spanish Studies, honestly, because I loved Literature subject and when I said that I wanted to study that degree everybody seemed happy with that. No weird faces (except my father, who was not very happy with my decision). What I wanted to do was studying, but I know now that the degree was not the most important. Once I started I did not only enjoy the degree but I appreciated even more than the Literature part, Linguistics (At that moment, I started to think what could be my future profession).

After that, I studied a specialization course at International House, a Master's degree for Spanish teachers and, even I studied a half of an online degree in Law. After that, I studied other courses online. This is why I want to write a reflection about what things are possible in both, face to face and online learning, and what things you need to do in both so you can do it properly.

Currently, for example, I started a course for being a tutor of online students of Spanish at the Instituto Cervantes. Even though I am used to doing that kind of courses, It is being a little bit difficult to familiarize with the platform since you must work with two platforms at the same time and you need to open Internet explorer and Chrome, because you cannot use the same explorer to work with both platforms because it happens the same than when you try to open two Google accounts at the same explorer: You cannot do it.

At the beginning it was a little bit confusing, because you were supposed to read the instructions at the documents hanged up at one of the platforms and answer the questions in the other. 

Last week was also a little bit difficult, because they made you work in pairs and we both couldn't talk a lot, because our schedules were different: When I had time to work, she had to prepare the dinner for the kids. Then, we needed to talk by WhatsApp instead of the chat which we were supposed to use and we was not allowed to do so. I just hope our teacher can understand the situation :-)


Comentarios

Entradas populares